If you’re getting ready to lay new turf at your place, here are 3 questions to ask your turf supplier North Brisbane – before you buy.
At Coolhaven Turf we take a lot of pride in the quality turf we produce. This includes not taking shortcuts when growing our lawn varieties that will help ensure you have the best-looking yard in the neighbourhood.
- What sort of fertiliser/manure do you use when growing turf?
At Coolhaven Turf, we produce a top-quality turf at a great price and refuse to use chicken manure on any of our grasses.
- In our experience, turf varieties that have been grown using chicken manure tend to burn more from harvesting to delivery – the last thing you want!
- We use a long-term insecticide to stop lawn grub and black beetle (be wary of this).
- We use trace element chemical fertilizer (small amounts regularly).
- Other South East Queensland growers produce their entire crop on chicken manure and another issue is that the soil doesn’t hold the nutrients as well.
- What sort of lawn will grow well with my soil type?
How your lawn adapts and grows depends on the type of soil you have. Successful turf establishment depends upon good soil preparation as grasses need a firm but not compacted soil.
- To get a healthy lawn, your soil will ideally be made up of a balance of sand, silt and clay which is called a loam soil.
- A couple of things to think about prior to laying turf:
– whether you are going to put under turf below your new lawn
– how well the area drains
- If you’re unsure what type of soil you have, have the soil looked at before you choose your turf. There’s no point in investing in a beautiful new lawn if the conditions will work against you.
- How often should newly laid turf be watered?
During the initial establishment process, other people will tell you to go and drown three times a day for three weeks, but we highly recommend you don’t do that!
The below applies for all types of turf and the goal is to keep the root system cool.
- First watering is most important – you want to hear a slosh underneath.
- Every day after that for 3 weeks, keep it cool.
- A quick sprinkle four times a day is ideal to as you just want to keep that root system cool.
- Ground underneath should already be wet from initial watering.
- If you overwater, the grass tends to die and this creates a major setback.
- Even in winter you might need to be watering once every two days.
Why Choose Coolhaven Turf?
Here are just a few reasons to choose us:
- We provide 4 different turf varieties to choose from – Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo, Winter Green Couch and Empire Zoysia.
- Value for money – we will provide you with the best product and most realistic pricing.
- Convenient delivery – we currently deliver to the Sunshine Cost, South East Queensland and Central Queensland.
3 Questions to Ask Your Turf Supplier North Brisbane
If you’re ready to lay new turf – or have some questions. Find out if the grass is a lot greener on the other side with Coolhaven Turf.
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.