If you don’t know your underlay from your grass type, your turf experts Coolhaven Turf have all the information you need to lay the best grass for sandy soil.
With the choice of some of the best turf around, Coolhaven Turf are proud to be South East Queensland’s best turf supplier.
Whether it’s for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard, Coolhaven have all your turf needs covered from the Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba.
Choosing the best grass
When it comes to choosing your new turf, it’s best to know what lies below the surface, so you know what will grow better on top.
When it comes to sandy soil areas, Empire Zoysia is the best choice, particularly with its high drought tolerance and deep root and underground runner system.
Further advantages to laying Empire Zoysia:
- it grows Australia-wide.
- low maintenance and easy to look after.
- doesn’t like too much water.
- has a relatively fine leaf which is soft to touch.
- excellent wear tolerance, especially if your yard sees a bit of traffic.
- thrives in extreme heat and humidity.
- grows well in coastal regions due to its salt tolerance.
- good resistance to insects and diseases.
- ideal grass for residential yards, sloped areas, parks, sports fields, golf courses, childcare centres etc.
- handles shady areas well.
- less mowing.
- keeps a good winter colour.
Find out more about Empire Zoysia and other turf in our products range here.
Best Grass for Sandy Soil
If you are unsure what turf type will suit your yard, soil type or environment, Coolhaven Turf will help answer your questions.
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.