If you’re looking for a Turf Supplier Caloundra is serviced by a great, local farm, Coolhaven Turf. We’re always willing to help give advice to help you pick the best turf for your local soil.
Coolhaven Turf grow and provide a top range of quality turf perfect for any back, front or side yard or wherever else you need a new lawn.
We are a family owned and operated business and know how important the right grass can be to families, home owners and anyone else searching for the right type of turf.
Types of Turf Available
Don’t worry if all grass looks the same to you, you have come to the right place to find out more.
We grow and supply 4 different types of turf in our range. You can choose from:
- Empire Zoysia
- Prestige Buffalo
Each has its own benefits and grows in a different way to the others. If you’re unsure which turf would suit your yard best, please give us a call on 0409 549 603 for advice or read this blog about the difference between the turf types.
To find out more about our range, visit our product page here.
Turf we recommend for Caloundra
With Caloundra beautifully positioned on the coast, the best choice of turf for your area is Empire Zoysia.
Of the four turf choices in the Coolhaven range, Empire Zoysia grows well in coastal areas due to the sandy soil. It has a high drought tolerance teamed with a deep root and underground runner system.
It is a low-maintenance turf and doesn’t like too much water but is also popular because of its ability to thrive in extreme heat and humidity which we see a lot of in Queensland.
Also being near the ocean, Empire Zoysia is a turf that grows well on the coast because of its salt tolerance.
3 Tips on Turf Laying
When it comes to laying turf, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Time of year – the best time to lay new turf is during Autumn; throughout Winter with the exception of the two coldest weeks around July; all of Spring through to November. We find laying during Summer is a bit harder on the turf (particularly mid-December to January), not because of the temperature but the turf is more likely to get burnt.
- Fertilizing – we highly recommend that you fertilise turf at least 4 times per year and start this after the turf is fully established because otherwise it will be washed away. It’s also best to use nutrients that are better with trace elements nitrogen phosphorus potassium (NPK) and water them in after a recent mow, before a storm or during rain.
- Watering – when first laid, new turf needs to be watered regularly for 3 weeks with a good watering system either a garden hose, sprinkler or soaker hose.
Why Choose Coolhaven Turf?
- We offer an affordable turf range to suit all types of budgets.
- We cover a large area with delivery available across the Sunshine Coast, the South East corner of Queensland and up to Central Queensland.
- We provide 4 different turf varieties to choose from – Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo, Winter Green Couch and Empire Zoysia.
- We are constantly monitoring and adopting latest and best practice developments – we like to ensure we are continually up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry.
Turf Supplier Caloundra
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.