If you can’t tell one blade of grass from another, Coolhaven Turf are here to break it down and tell you about the difference between the types of turf.
Whether you’re after a soft, leafy grass or a heavy wear resistant blade, we’ll help you choose the perfect match for your yard.
So if your lawn is looking old and dead…or you’re not even sure, it’s definitely time to liven things up again.
We are proud to deliver high quality turf across South East Queensland – let us help you today!
The Coolhaven Turf Range
While it may all look the same to the untrained eye, there is actually some differences between types of turf.
You’ll find different textures of the leaf itself, some prefer sand and others clay and even water tolerance can differ between turf types.
- grows Australia wide and provides a lawn grass which is easy to look after.
- doesn’t like too much water (and a good one for sand based soil – find out more here)
- has a relatively fine leaf which is soft to touch.
- excellent wear tolerance, especially if your yard sees a bit of traffic.
- thrives in extreme heat and humidity.
- good in the shade.
- keeps a good winter colour.
- Best all-rounder grass.
- Best tolerance of cold, heat, wet, dry, shade and full sun.
- Repairs quickest from damage.
- is a good all-purpose grass.
- grows well in clay.
- has a finer look to its blades.
- bred from the popular Palmetto Soft Leaf Buffalo.
- pet friendly.
- grows quickly across the ground and provides quick recovery from wear.
- has performance as good as any other buffalo turf, with the added benefit of fine texture.
- grows well in clay and is a versatile grass.
- has excellent winter colour.
- has a deep root system.
- provides a super fine texture.
- is a hybrid green couch that has high colour retention throughout the year.
- fine, dense foliage.
- doesn’t grow so well on a sand base.
- durable but soft lawn at an economic price.
- used extensively in home lawns, council parks and housing estates.
- good wear tolerance.
- low on water demand.
- budget friendly.
What is the difference between the types of turf?
Get some colour and fun back into your yard with new turf from Coolhaven. If you’re still not sure which variety is going to work best for you – speak to our friendly team today, we’re here to help!
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.