If you’re asking the question: when is the best time to lay turf in Brisbane, you’ve come to the right place for answers.
At Coolhaven Turf, we’re here to help with all your turf laying needs.
What you need to know about laying turf
When it comes to turf and establishing a great lawn, here’s a few handy tips to keep in mind.
The best time to lay turf: (this applies to all turf types)
- All of Winter, except for the two coldest weeks of July.
- All of Spring through to November.
- December can be an okay time, but not recommended.
Note: Mid December to January is a bit harder on turf – regardless of which variety you’re dealing with. It’s not necessarily because of temperature, it’s more about the grass getting burnt while trying to establish.
What to think about before laying turf
When researching what changes you want to make to your lawn, here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Check out the type of soil you have – this is important as not all grasses will grow if the soil doesn’t suit.
- The size of the area to be covered and what the grass will be used for (kids playing, animals running around, etc).
- Is the area you want to turf suitable for the turf type (ie. shaded, sunlight, water drainage etc.).
- What are your budget constraints – how much you want to spend will depend on which grass you choose, top prestige turf or a more budget suitable grass.
- How much maintenance are you prepared to undertake? Some grass types are low maintenance once they’re established.
- Lastly, we’re here to discuss your options and offer advice where necessary.
Coolhaven Turf Products
We have 4 different types of turf in our product range:
- grows Australia wide.
- provides a lawn grass which is easy to look after.
- has the same amazing winter colour and shade.
- cold and drought tolerance.
- grows quickly across the ground.
- has excellent winter colour.
Winter Green Couch
- perfect for families who want a durable yet soft lawn at an economic price.
- used extensively in home lawns, council parks and housing estates making it the most common choice in Queensland.
To find out more about our range or to choose which turf you want, check out what’s available here.
Why Choose Coolhaven Turf?
We’ve earned a reputation as being one of South East Queensland’s leading turf supplier for the following reasons:
- We care about the quality of turf we grow and don’t take shortcuts. We refuse to use chicken manure because it can lead to a poorer outcome for you (and the lawn will burn more easily between harvesting and delivery)
- As we are a family owned and operated company, you’ll get the best personal service every step of the way.
- We aim to give you the best value for your money – providing you with value for money, realistic pricing.
- We’re up-to-date with all the latest product information and changes in the industry – we are constantly monitoring and adopting latest and best practice developments.
- Delivery – we currently deliver to the Sunshine Cost, South East Queensland and Central Queensland.
When is the best time to lay turf in Brisbane
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.