Coolhaven Turf are proud to provide you with the best in Wintergreen Couch Turf Sunshine Coast.
As your local provider of Wintergreen Couch, we are here to help with your back or front yard turf project – no matter how big or small.
We offer and provide turf to builders, developers, landscapers and of course, to the general public.
Wintergreen Couch Turf
It may be known as our budget turf, but Wintergreen Couch is still very much a popular choice across the board.
It can be used to do both the little (small yards) and big jobs (think parks and playgrounds).
A little bit about Wintergreen Couch…
- It’s a hybrid green couch that has high colour retention throughout the year, holding colour particularly well throughout winter months.
- It has a fine, dense foliage.
- It’s also used extensively in home lawns, council parks and housing estates making it the most common choice in Queensland.
To help you decide if this is the grass for you, we’ve put together the pros and cons for choosing Wintergreen Couch.
Why you should choose Wintergreen Couch
- It has a good wear tolerance – this is ideal if you have kids running around everywhere or you spend a lot of time in the yard.
- You don’t have to spend every day watering it – it has a low water demand.
- It’s a great budget option – perfect for families who want a durable yet soft lawn at an economic price.
Why Wintergreen Couch may not be for you
- If you aren’t a fan of mowing, this one isn’t for you as it requires a fair amount of maintenance with more mowing.
- If you like the idea of holding a hose a lot, think again – overwatering will cause the grass to die off.
- If you’re looking for new grass this very second, you might want to wait a little bit longer – it’s not recommended to lay grass during the hottest months of the year.
What to think about before buying Wintergreen Couch turf
There are a few things you need to consider when choosing Wintergreen Couch for your yard:
- It is commonly a budget grass, so it’s a great option if you have a minimal spend, especially over a bigger area.
- It is a higher maintenance grass with more mowing required. Do you have the time/effort to be looking after the maintenance of the grass or not?
- Consider your soil type before choosing your turf – it may or may not be suitable.
- The size of the area to be covered – small yard or bigger area.
- If the area is suitable for the turf type (ie. shaded, sunlight, water drainage etc.). It’s best to know all this ahead of time!
- We will happily discuss your options if needed – ask any question no matter what.
Why Choose Coolhaven Turf?
When it comes to turf, we’re here to help, but here’s a few other reasons why Coolhaven Turf are the best:
- We don’t take shortcuts when growing our turf – for example, we don’t use chicken manure as this only leads to poorer quality turf during transit
- We pride ourselves on providing personal service – we are a family owned and operated company and you deal with the same person from harvesting to laying turf.
- We are constantly monitoring and adopting latest and best practice developments – we like to ensure we are continually up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry.
Wintergreen Couch Turf Sunshine Coast
At Coolhaven Turf, we provide top quality and affordable turf across the Sunshine Coast and South East Queensland.
Growing and laying turf is what Coolhaven Turf can do best. We provide turf laying services to the Sunshine Coast to South East and Central Queensland.
Family Owned and Operated – Coolhaven Turf provides a variety of turf whether is’t for a big yard, small yard or even just a courtyard. Choose from Empire Zoysia, Prestige Buffalo, Sapphire Buffalo and Wintergreen Couch here at Coolhaven Turf.